Monday 7 May 2012

Stitch


After working with stitch during my collaborative project, I wanted to explore further so I began to take detailed ornamentation from the built environment and stitch them in to hand-made paper.




Collaborative Work

Lucy's work often focuses on natural forms as her core subject matter, I wanted to experiment with working from nature therefore we decided to join together to see what results emerged. I feel this piece of work was instrumental in having the most profound effect on my work ethic. I became heavily inspired by the use of stitch and mixed media and found myself completely emerged in the process, I felt that for the first time all year I was able to take a free and playful approach to producing work. We both share the same interest in stitch and therefore wanted to push to boundaries to see how possible it was to draw with a sewing machine. I particularly like the untidy effect as I feel it captures the unorganised qualities of nature. I thoroughly enjoyed this collaborative project.  









No comments:

Post a Comment